New Winter Hours! We will close at
8 pm on Fridays & Saturdays starting December 7th.
We will be closed December 9th for our staff Christmas party.
Welcome to Bevers Kitchen
Home style cooking at its best since 1984, made in Chappell Hill, TX.
Our Brief History
This modified Victorian-style cottage was built around 1907. For many years it was known as the "Crockett House" after its long time owner, Jessie Crockett, Chappell Hill's postmaster from 1915-1935. Many residents took piano lessons here, presumably from Jessie's wife. The home was later used as a rental property, the Greenhouse Restaurant, and a weekend retreat.
When Ann Bevers first bought the property in 1981, it was a ceiling fan store. She sold it in 1982, then bought it back in 1984 and opened a combination cafe and real estate office. Two years later she hired Alejandra Ray. As the cafe business grew, so did their friendship and Alejandra's culinary skills. They both thank God for their meeting and for Alejandra's purchase of the restaurant in 2001.